Sunday, December 12, 2010

Homeward Bound

Soon 'home' will no longer be an abstract word. It will be my reality, at least for awhile. As I was packing last night I tried to wrap my mind around not being in Australia. The past six months have been a whirlwind. It started slow but once the momentum picked up it was a blur and before I knew it, it was over. Funny thing though is I'm not sure I'm ready to leave. Like everything in life there are upsides and downsides in everything we do. On the upside, going home means seeing family and friends, sleeping in my bed, being able to shower without flooding the bathroom (don't get me started on the showers outside the US), my normal 'diet,' Directv and um... that's all I got. On the downside, I'm leaving Australia and all it has to offer. I was never bored. I could walk out my door, jump on a tram and explore. 


Now comes the real dilemma. Do I stay or do I go? I will be back in 2011. Whether it is to train someone to take over or if I chose, I can stay up to two more years. It's a tempting offer  but a lot to consider. This is one of those times a crystal ball would really come in handy. So with some trepidation I pack up my apartment and return to my real 'home.' 

No comments:

Post a Comment