Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Brief Commercial Message

Okay, I have to put this on the table. I have ADHD (born and raised on Ritalin, but haven't taken any meds in years). For those who have the ability to concentrate, be appreciative. It is not easy when your brain is wired differently and it is a daily... hour... maybe even minute-by-minute struggle to stay engaged in what you're doing. Even when I'm doing something I like, my brain is constantly misfiring and my thoughts are coming at me at the speed of light yet I can forget what I was thinking before I even finish a sentence. Can you just imagine what it would be like to have ADHD and dementia? Yikes! 


So my point is (and I do have one)...


I typically write my blog and post it. I always go back the next day and reread only to find that it often reads like the the rambling voice in my head. So, my advice to you is to look at the date and time and wait 24 hours. Otherwise, it is at your own peril. Of course, I could wait and post later but there's the whole impatient issue so that's not going to happen.


Now back to your regularly scheduled internet browsing...


PS - Anyone want to venture a guess how long it took me to write this short message??

No comments:

Post a Comment